White Chocolate Saffron Mudcake
A traditional Swedish dessert with white chocolate, saffron and cardamom.
- 200 g white chocolate
- 170 g butter
- 0,5 g saffron
- 3 eggs
- 170 g sugar
- 1 g salt
- 130 g flour
- cardamom, ground
- icing sugar for garnish
- Prepare a 24 Ø springform pan with baking paper. Pencil melted butter in the pan and lightly dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 165 °C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan on very low heat.
- Once melted, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the eggs one by one into the butter and chocolate mixture, whisk to combine after each addition.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and the saffron to the saucepan with the butter, chocolate and eggs. Mix until combined and make sure to scrape the edges of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan, and tap a few times so that the bubbles reach the surface. Break the surfaced air bubbles with a knife.
- Sprinkle a pinch of ground cardamom on top of the cake.
- Bake for about 24 – 26 minutes depending on the desired gooeyness of the mud cake.
- Serve with soft peak whipped cream.